Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Book: Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby

For my 21st birthday I got a $50 Dymocks book voucher and I decided that I should get back into my love of reading. A few weeks ago I went down to Dymocks in the city and spent ages in the shop looking for a book that I can enjoy until I came across Juliet, Naked, the new book by Nick Hornby (who also wrote High Fidelity and About a Boy) and I just couldn't put it down. It tells the story about Annie, whose boyfriend of fifteen years Duncan, is obsessed with music and reclusive singer-songwriter Tucker Crowe. The title Juliet, Naked is taken from the the new record that Tucker Crowe has released in two decades and also deals with themes of love, relationships and parenting. A good touching, sweet and hilarious story with characters that anyone can relate to. For those who loved High Fidelity, I definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment