Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Apology (December 2010)


A little vignette to entertain you. Enjoy!!


Scene One Ext. Park
Amber sits on a bench in the park in front of a lake. She is transfixed by the ducks, looks sad. She fidgets with her scarf. Liam is seen walking around the park like he’s searching for someone. He sees Amber and goes to her. Amber turns to see Liam and sighs

Liam
I knew I’d find you here.

Amber doesn’t say anything. She doesn’t even look at him

Liam
You have to let me explain

Liam sits down next to her

Amber
Can it wait?

Liam
I was stupid. I made a mistake

Amber
What am I supposed to do? Switch off my feelings?

Liam
I only just met her that one time. I don’t even think she wants to keep it. I think she just wants me to help with… (trails off)

Pause
Amber
I’m trying to process this. She may be having your baby. It should be me not her.

Liam tries to hold her hand.

Liam
I stuffed up. I thought after what happened that we were over and I got a little drunk. But it’s you I love.

Amber
I don’t know if I can trust you. I feel different now.

Liam
Look at me Amber…please
Silence
Liam
I’m sorry, I’m so sorry.

Amber
(looks at him) So am I


No comments:

Post a Comment